But I can’t write at just any coffee shop. So I’d like to present The Top Ten Things A Coffee Shop Has To Have For Rachel To Want To Write There, AKA The Most Specific Top Ten Ever. 😉
1) No free internet. Please don’t tell me I can just turn the internet off. You clearly don’t know the depth of my addiction.
2) A variety of coffee AND hot tea. Sometimes I need to write in a caffeine fueled haze. Other times I was to be contemplative and sip chamomile.
3) Baked goods to reward myself with if I actually complete my writing for the day.
4) Lots of outlets. Nothing sucks more than being In the Zone only to have your laptop die!
5)Decent sized tables. I sometimes have a notebook, my laptop, and my printed out manuscript all vying for space!
6) Unobtrusive music. People, I listen to my iPod VERY LOUDLY while I write, and if I can still hear your crappy elevator jazz (Starbucks? J’ACCUSE!), I’m not gonna want to write there.
7) At least one hot barista. Shut up. I’m married, not dead!
8) Bathrooms. ‘Nuff said.
9) A good vibe. Granted, this is the most subjective thing ever, but it’s my list, darnit! Some coffee shops just have the perfect ambience for writing. Low lighting helps!
10) Baked goods. Wait, I said that already? Well, they’re VERY VITAL TO MY ARTISITC PROCESS!