The Contest is Now Closed!!! Check back Tomorrow for the winner!!!!
THIS POST IS BEING PINNED TO THE TOP UNTIL FRIDAY!! TO READ NEWER POSTS PLEASE SCROLL DOWN!!!!
Hi everyone! Today I have a wonderful guest for you and a contest I am sure you will enjoy! Author Regina Perry agreed to answer some questions for me and she was generous enough to offer 4 gift certificates for 4 lucky readers of this blog to be used to purchase her ebooks at Ravenous Romance! So let’s get started first with a short bio on Regina.
Regina Perry is pleased to edit this anthology, exploring love and passion beyond the opposite sex. Growing up in conservative mid-America, she was forced to keep her fantasies hidden and experiences limited. After graduating from The University of Kansas, she taught middle and high school English before moving to Florida. Now Dorothy is ready to slip into her new shoes and journey the yellow brink road of sexual discovery. Check out her new shoes and “Double Life” blog. Regina Perry.
Hi Regina and welcome to My Overstuffed Bookshelf! It is a pleasure to have you here to answer some questions for us. Let’s get started!
1. Give us a small recap of your book I Kissed A Girl.
I Kissed a Girl is a collection of twelve erotic short stories. Each story presents a situation between two women, and at least one of the women has never had a lesbian experience, which results in very arousing and steamy stories of seduction, passion and sometimes love.
2. What got you interested in writing eroticas? I had written a few erotic short stories for fun. They were simply a more creative way of recording journal entries. The first novel I wrote was not erotica, but it did have one very erotic sex scene. I pitched this novel to several agents, and the sex scene caught Lori Perkin’s attention. She later was instrumental in establishing the Ebook publisher, Ravenous Romance, and persuaded me to convert my novel into an erotic romance. Thus, Playgirl was born.
3. Out of all of your own books, which one was your favorite to write? Playgirl is very dear to my heart. Much of it is autobiographical and it helped me to work through issues of loving and accepting myself after my divorce. It was cathartic to write my way through these issues.
4. Can you give us any details on what you are currently working on? My story, “Defining Lines,” in I Kissed a Girl is becoming a novel. The two main characters, Ava and Ginger, are insisting they have more of a story to tell.
5. Which author/authors do you read? In erotica: All of the authors in the anthology: C.Margery Kempe, Louisa Bacio, Inara LaVey, Samantha Jones, K.Ann Karlsson, Kilt Kilpatrick, Nola Erus, Farrah J. Phoenix, Jen Bluekissed, L.A. Mistral and Lucy Felthouse. I also read Jean Roberta, Elle Amery, Alison Tyler, Sehera Giron, Barbara Elsborg, Ryan Field and Misty Malone, Janet Dailey and Anais Nin. Non-erotic authors include: Robert James Waller, Kent Haruf, Sandra Dallas, Audrey Niffenegger, Sherri Reynolds, Billie Letts, Jonathan Franzen, Jane Smiley, Gordon Tucker and Anne Morrow Lindbergh, to give you a sampling.
6. How hard is it to write the stories you have written? The most difficult part is finding the time and the solitude. Once I’m in that space everything seems to fall into place as I write. I find that once I create good, strong characters, they take over and write the book for me.
7. Where can we find your books? The best place is: http://ravenousromance.com They are also available on Amazon, Fictionwise, Audio.com, All Romance, and others.
8. I know I sometimes blush when I read the erotic books. Do you ever blush while writing them and think”should I really write that?” Not about things I’ve actually written. But there are a few scenes, which have ventured into my imagination, that I haven’t as yet had the audacity to put on paper.
9. Name one thing you want to write about but haven’t done yet. Humiliation. The theme of my writing is Journeys of Sexual Discovery. It took me years to accept myself as a sexual being—to be comfortable with my strong sexual desires and nature. That was my first journey, and now I want to continue the exploration.
10. Do you have a blog our readers can follow? Yes. My web site is currently undergoing re-design. The blog is titled, “Double Life.” Right now, it’s on the main page. At some time in the future it might become a link from the home page. http://reginaperry.com
11. Are any of your books available in print yet? Soon at http://amazon.com and I Kissed a Girl will possibly also be available from a print publisher, but I’m not at liberty to name that publisher yet.
Thank you, Amy, for this opportunity on your book blog, My Overstuffed Bookshelf. It has been a pleasure to meet you and answer your interesting questions.
Now for the contest! It is really easy and it is a great contest to win! Trust me, Regina’s books are wonderful and HOT! 4 winners will each receive a gift certificate through email to purchase one of Regina’s ebooks from Ravenous Romance. This would be great to read on your computer or download to your ebook readers! All you have to do to enter is:
1. Become a follower of my blog! If you are already a follower just say so!
2. Leave a comment on this post along with your email address for me to contact you if you win!
3. Link to my contest on your blog with a post and/or a link on your sidebar!
How easy is that?? This contest is open to everyone and will run until Friday evening at 8pm California time. I will pick a winner on Saturday and everyone will need to check back here to see if you won! Good Luck!!!