5 REASONS WHY I LOVE THE ALMOST HUMAN SERIES
1. I love the characters. I found them to be funny and relatable. Felicity starts off a bit on the immature side, but as the story progresses she really grows into her character. I loved her! I think lot’s of people can easily relate to her, as well as all the other characters. (I too felt she was a little immature at first. You can really see the growth though in her character from the first chapter up until the last.)
2. Thought the beginning starts off a bit predictable, the story has a nice a curve ball that you really don’t see coming. (Again, it does start like any other paranormal book in the genre, but the surprises the author gives the readers you don’t really expect! And those endings! Talk about some cliffhangers!)
3. It has plenty of action to keep you entertained until the very end. Enough said. (With plenty of surprises as well!)
4. Melanie Nowak has a way of describing things that you feel like you’re right in the story watching everything play out before your eyes. Every emotion that Felicity goes through, you go through too. I loved this! (So true! You could imagine a TV show or something like that playing out in your mind. She did a wonderful job in the descriptions without going overboard. There is nothing worse than a book getting bogged down by all of the narrative and descriptions. I think the author balanced this out really well!)
5. This series is a bit raw and sweet at the same time. I am a huge fan of authors not holding back, and Melanie Nowak definitely doesn’t! I highly recommend this series! I will say though it’s definitely more NEW ADULT than Young Adult. (Yep. Definitely for the older teens, but one that adults will love no matter what genre it is classified as.)
Thank you girl for coming over to my blog to share your thoughts on Almost Human! Come back anytime!
Melanie Nowak has always had a vivid imagination and a fascination for the paranormal. Acting and singing in theatrical productions throughout college and in church had always been a passion. However, upon conceiving the idea for the Almost Human series of books, she discovered a previously unknown passion for writing! Not only can she finally put her over-active imagination to good use, but she can create characters she loves, and she gets to play all of the parts!
Upon completion of the first trilogy for Almost Human, the author made the decision to publish her books independently, thus maintaining complete creative control of her vision for the series. She has founded WoodWitchDame Publications, published her first four novels, and plans to release many more for this exciting series!
Melanie Nowak lives in New York with her loving husband, two young sons, and an ever growing collection of pets. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education, and a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science.
ALMOST HUMAN ~ The First Trilogy ~ 3-in-1 Edition
In this paranormal fantasy, chapters alternate perspective between a vampire and a young woman, as they join an ensemble cast of characters to navigate difficulties of addiction and desire; perils of zombies and vampires; and struggles with abuse, morality and… college.
Vol. 1: Fatal Infatuation
Felicity views going away to college as an opportunity to mature into a confident young woman, but her new beginning turns out to be more of an adventure than she bargains for when she finds that her school is plagued by vampires!
Cain is an elder vampire who displays quiet confidence even as he struggles to overcome sins of his past. Surprisingly, he found that in losing his life he gained his faith and a purpose.
His mission: find the hostile vampires that inhabit this small college town, and educate them to live in peace with humans. Their leader, Sindy, is a wicked temptress who has set her sights on Felicity’s new friend Ben. She will be difficult to control, but after meeting Felicity, Cain’s most difficult task lies in controlling himself.
Vol. 2: Lost Reflections
Felicity has helped her friends to escape the venomous vixen Sindy, but cannot divine the motives of Cain, the vampire who captured first her gratitude, and then her heart.
She finds the historical account of Cain’s past enthralling and frightening. Now she must determine whether the addictive venom in Cain’s kiss is clouding her judgment, and if his thirst for her blood is a driving force too strong for their love to conquer.
It’s difficult to contemplate such questions while under the attack of a vengeful vampire and his zombie slaves. Felicity’s heart has already been lost to Cain; will she lose her life as well?
Vol. 3: Evolving Ecstasy
The relationship between Cain and Felicity has crested to a peak that leaves them unsure whether to step back from each other for safety, or jump into a future united in death.
The venom of Cain’s bite could protect Felicity from hostile vampires, but it would give him a measure of psychic control over her as well. Would Felicity only accept becoming a vampire, due to his addictive venom, coupled with the foolishness of a young girl in love?
Perhaps there is a brighter future for her in the human world. Is Cain’s desire for Felicity’s love worth the loss of her life?