Author: Julia Quinn
*I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review*
- Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Avon (May 25, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0061491896
- ISBN-13: 978-0061491894
Ten Things You Should Know About This Book
1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.
2. Annabel Winslow’s family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind and The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.
3. Sebastian’s uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.
4. Lord Newbury detests Sebastian and will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening.
5. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems.
6. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.
7 is shocking, 8 is delicious, and 9 is downright wicked, all of which lead the way to
10. Happily. Ever. After.
I remember seeing some of this author’s work at the book stores, but to be honest, I never usually buy historical romance. This is a genre I need to really start looking at differently. When I see books in this genre, I think of weird accents, dialogue that will not make sense, fancy gowns and arranged marriages. Now that I have read a few, this genre is really starting to grow on me.
In this book I loved everything. The romance was heart fluttering and well written. Each of the characters had their own personality that leaped off of the pages. I loved how the author knew when to use witty dialogue and when to back off. Everything about this story flowed perfectly from page one up until the last page.
Julia Quinn has made me a believer in Historical Romance with her exceptional writing and effortless story telling. This is one author that I will try out again with no worry of disappointment out of this genre.
Outstanding Book That Will Stay On My Bookshelf
Good to hear its good. Julia rarely fails to disappoint. Probably why i have every book she’s written. Lucky you that you’ve gotten to find a copy early.
I’m thrilled to see this. I do like historical romance and I have read some Julia Quinn, but Recently, I’ve been wary of her latest titles. (Ever since Mr. Cavendish, I Presume)
I am extra excited for this book now! Halfway between discovering a new author and having an old favorite return to writing unexpectedly.
Sabrina (about happy books)
My copy is already preordered and I’m excited to finally read this book.